This newlywed has had an AWESOME year from getting married this past summer, moving and decorating their new house, and now expecting their first child this summer. I might have to do another post on Erin and her pregnancy fashion. She is truly a fashionista with a sense of style that one can only dream of having. I have a feeling her sense of style was inherited from her mother and passed down to both Erin and her fashion forward sister, Leigh (who actually works in the fashion industry in NYC).
Enjoy Erin's closet below and make sure and read about her favorite things! Thanks Erin!!! XOXO
|Erin and Abe the Babe (soon-to-be big brother)|
|(Left to Right)|
1. Just Cavalli dress in Ibiza - so fun
2. Illia cut out leather crop top and J Brand Love Story low rise boot cut jeans with Mom's old gold belt
3. Fave Current/Elliot Jean jacket
1) Describe your style.Comfortable, mixed textures and lengths, lots of neutrals, sometimes on the fringe of inappropriate: I love a short short or skirt. Much more West Coast than East in terms of colors and level of formality. Oh, and heavy on the accessories. Style icons include Michelle Pfeiffer in the 70's, Kate Moss (oh, how I wish!), Cameron Diaz about 5 years ago, and any girl who rocks small boobies.
2) Where do you shop?
Fave: Planet Blue, Ron Herman, Barneys, Intermix.
More affordably: Anthropologie, Bloomingdale's, Gilt sales, flea market accessories.
3) What is your newest purchase?
Helmut Lang skirt and threadbare tee from Gilt sale.
4) What is your favorite accessory?
5) Five things you can't live without.
If we're only talking fashion? Sunglasses, jean shorts, a bikini, flip flops, and a cozy sweater or flannel.
6) What is your favorite piece in your closet and why is it your favorite?
Currently L'Agence white top/dress. I go into more detail with its photo.
|(Left to Right)|
1. I just love this silk Maeve wrap dress. It's classy while leaving endless accessory possibilities to the imagination, from arm parties (thanks Man Repeller) to bold colors to a statement earring or necklace. It has trapunto detail and great, slouchy pockets. Also, the length is perfect for a high neutral shoe.
2. This shirt/dress from L'Agence is my favorite shirt right now. It always makes me feel cute, and it hides the pregnancy bumps while hearkening softly back to the time when our moms dressed like babies when they were carrying babies in their bellies!
3. This is the little camisole that lines the L'Agence top I love so much. Just such a perfect thing to throw on when you want to look pretty.
4. Illia perforated leather crop top. No, I cannot and do not wear it now with a pregnant belly, but it's just the greatest top for high-waisted jeans or even thrown over the right dress. The unfinished edge makes it even better. Love this; it's such an original.
5. This jacket cost me $10 from Gabriel Bros., the best store near my home town. Don't go into "Gabe's" if you don't have vision or are afraid of a little grime, though. This place is for the bargain warriors, who will always emerge victorious. This little wool jacket is perfect over a threadbare white tee and fun accessories, especially in a climate like LA where the cold sneaks out and grabs you from nowhere.
6. My sister bought this great Current Elliott jean jacket for me for Christmas. She knows I have always loved a jean jacket, whether or not they're "in." This one reminds me of a chanel suit jacket, and it has metal piping detail. It's such a great mixture of 80's, Chanel-inspiration, and the unexpected texture. Looks great with little dresses, skirts, or a white tee.
|My fave wedding photo, which shows the veil I had made. It's actually 9 strips of 20-inch fabric that blew in the wind to compliment the movement of the dress. |
Dress is "The Margot," one of Shareen of Shareen Vintage's custom designs.
Veil I had made thanks to the expert eye and inspiration of Enzo Angileri.
|5 months' pregnant in L'Agence dress with favorite Current/Elliot jean jacket.|